Monday, January 28, 2008

One More Online Story Website-and a great One At That!

I know that I have shown participants at my BER workshops some really nice websites that allow students to listen to and follow along with online stories. Someone asked me if I had used the Tumble Books and I replied that I thought a subscription was charged to use these. Boy, was I wrong! I apologize and want to include these in all future workshops. The website for the Tumble Book Library is http://www.tumblebooks.com/library/asp/home_tumblebooks.asp .There is an index to many books that can be read (heard) in English, French, or Spanish. There are no advertisements or distractions and the animation and the inflections in the voice are done very well. You can also download stories to an organized playlist.
I know your younger students will really enjoy these stories - and gaining one more reason to choose reading as an awarding and exciting activity.

No comments: