Monday, January 19, 2009

I think I have mentioned before that ILearn Technology written by Kelly Tenkley, is one of my favorite blogs to read. I highly recommend that you begin reading it each day. She lists some of the best, useful websites for the classroom and then goes on to tell some ways that the site would be useful in the classroom. This past weekend, she listed about 8 websites all at once! One that I had seen, but reexamined much closer with her suggestion is Ology. It is from the American Museum of History and allows students to enjoy so many science areas such as archaeology, astronomy, biodiversity, earth, Einstein, genetics, marine biology, water, and paleontology. It is just filled with so many activities for each area.
Kelly says that her favorite thing to do with this website is to develop scavenger hunts so that students can use the site to find the answers, thus practicing searching skills as they gain knowledge.The site also contains great ideas for science experiments.
Thanks again, Kelly, for all the sharing you do. That's what it is all about!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the kind words! I can't tell you how much they are appreciated and keep me going!!