Monday, July 20, 2009

Flashcards, Flashcards, and More Flashcards

I know....I know....It has again been awhile since I posted anything. I have to tell you, in my defense, that in the summer the "pickings" are slim. Many of my favorite bloggers, podcasters, and newsletter writers take a little time off for themselves and I certainly understand that. I have not seen many websites that have shouted out, "You just have to blog about that!" in a while.
Today as I read through this weekend's blogs, one of my favorite blogs, Free Technology For Teachers had written a wonderful blog about 10 different websites that allowed you to find, share, and make your own flashcards for numbers or vocabulary. I was going to pick and choose a few and blog about them, but they all sounded so good that I thought the best thing to do is to share the site where you can find the entire blog. It can be found at Ten Places To Make and Find Flashcards Online.
My advice is to, after reading the blog, pick two or three to try out and then pick no more than two that you are going to use during the school year as your tool for making flashcards. No one needs ten different tools that you use to make flashcards. That is much too confusing. I am sure you will find the one that is just right for you!
Do enjoy the rest of your summer. Mine is going way too fast. I am doing quite a few workshops leading up to the opening days of school in different cities. Maybe I will see some of you!

No comments: